Whether you are married and seeking divorce or never married but now separating, the impact on your child(ren) can be significant. Research indicates that traumatic and/or stressful events can affect children as young as one year old. Parents want to do their best to minimize the negative impact and keep their children from getting in the middle of any conflict between the adults.
Parents Forever™ is an education program developed by University of Minnesota Extension based on the research about the effects of divorce on children. Research on program effectiveness was conducted by the NDSU Extension Service. Parents Forever™ has been taught by NDSU Extension Agents for more than well over a decade.
- This course that helps parents learn valuable skills to reduce effects of divorce or separation on their children and themselves in 4 - 4.5 hours
- Available online or in-person
- Customized for North Dakota parents experiencing divorce or separation
- Recommended by the North Dakota Supreme Court and North Dakota Bar Association
- A certificate will be made available upon completion of class (either online or in person)
Register now for a Parents Forever™ course:
For information on the effectiveness of Parents Forever™, see Does Parents Forever™ Work? on the University of Minnesota Extension website. You may also be interested in Frequently Asked Questions by Parents on the University of Minnesota Extension website.